Happy New Year 2011 Everybody!

Today is December 29, 2010. I am going to talk about NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS. I know many people make New Year’s Resolutions in an effort to lose a lot of weight, quit smoking, and form many other progress-forward habits. I would definitely encourage you to decide on some things you want for this New Year.

I personally don’t believe that setting New Year’s Resolutions is a good approach. Because they are easy to quit, year after year I found myself wanting to take on the same resolutions and it never happened. So now, I SET GOALS.

Goal-setting is something you can do all year long! You can change the deadlines if you need to, and you can keep trying. When it’s February 3 and you haven’t stuck to your new eating habits to lose weight, you can reset your goal. The New Year only comes once a year.

Step 1: Sit down and jot down all the things you’d like to accomplish (health, fitness, bucket list, personal, career, family, spiritual, financial, anything!). These can be as little as a day, or as long as a lifetime, but you want to just let your mind wander and write it down.

Step 2: Put it down and come back to it in a day or two. Cross off the ones that no longer get you excited.

Step 3: Write down each goal you wish to set now. Set a deadline (don’t stress on it too much, just pick something reasonable) for each goal, keeping in mind that you want to focus on one or two at a time.

Step 4: For those you want to work on now, write down the ACTION STEPS you are going to take to accomplish that goal, and what OBSTACLES you may face, and how you will OVERCOME those obstacles.

Step 5: Get started and hold yourself accountable.

One of my favorite websites for setting and tracking your goals is www.43things.com. It’s free so check it out!
Another great free resource that I love is www.sparkpeople.com if you have health and fitness goals and like to use internet tools. Oh, and I'm also a former smoker, and if you would like to quit, I STRONGLY recommend "Smoke Away" ~ it was the best choice I've ever made to quit, and you CAN DO IT!!!

You NEVER FAIL unless you quit trying to improve yourself!

Lots of Zumba Love everyone!
~Sandy
www.zumbawithsandy.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Zumba With Sandy